The Mason Jazz Festival is an invitational event open to middle school, high school, collegiate and community Jazz ensembles. This festival will take place Saturday, February 18, 2023 on the George Mason University Fairfax campus.
The festival will include:
- 3 “Outstanding Soloist” (cash prizes) and
- 4 “Best Section” awards, as well as scholarships to the Mason Jazz Camp, summer 2023.
Closing Festival Performance
An ensemble (TBD) will perform at 7pm in Harris Theatre. All performances are free and open to the public. No tickets or registration required.
Registration and Payment
Register at the link below to secure your spot (no fee needed for initial registration). Pay the registration fee through Mason Marketplace (below the registration link) by credit card before the day of the festival.
Payment: $250 (per ensemble)
- Pay by Credit Card or
- Mail check to Darden Purcell, 4400 University Drive, MSN3E3, Fairfax, VA 22030
Location and Parking
The event will take place in Harris Theatre at George Mason University, Fairfax Campus, 4400 University Drive, Fairfax, VA 22030.
Free parking in LOT K. $9 weekend parking in the Mason Pond Parking Deck. Busses can drop off in front of the Center for the Arts and proceed to the back of Lot K to park.
- Prof. Jim Carroll – Founder, Jazz Studies, George Mason University
- Dr. William Lake Jr. – Director of Bands, George Mason University
- Prof. Matt Niess – Director of Jazz Studies, Shenandoah Conservatory