The Mason Jazz Camp, held on the George Mason University Fairfax Campus, is an inclusive, intensive program, for musicians (instrumental and vocal) of all levels, with a desire to advance their musical artistry and professionalism. (Responsible people of all ages are welcome to attend.)
The Mason Jazz Camp offers classes in improvisation, jazz theory, ear training, performance practice (big bands and combos), composition, arranging and jazz history. Students have the opportunity to study and participate in master classes and concerts with leading educators and performers in the Washington D.C., Virginia and Maryland region.
Mason Jazz Camp 2023
June 19, 2023 - June 23, 2023
- Commuter: $475
- For participants staying off-campus and commuting to the camp each day. No meals included.
- Residential - Double Room: $890
- For participants staying on-campus in a furnished dorm-style room with shared bathroom and one roommate. Includes camp activities, linens, Wi-Fi, and 15 meals. Check-in on Sunday, June 18th, 2023. Check-out Friday, June 23rd, 2023
- Residential - Single Room: $945
- For participants staying on-campus in a furnished dorm-styleroom with shared bathroom and no roommates. Includes camp activities, linens, Wi-Fi, and 15 meals.Check-in on Sunday, June 18th, 2023.
Camp Coordinator: John Kocur