The Reva and Sid Dewberry Family School of Music's rigorous and extensive academic offerings, prepare students for high-impact, fulfilling, and meaningful careers in music.
What To Expect From the Dewberry School of Music Experience
- A musically intense and academically rigorous comprehensive education
- World-class performance and research faculty
- Masterclass opportunities with world-renowned guest clinicians
- Performance opportunities in state-of-the-art venues
- Supportive environment that nurtures students
- Steinway grand pianos in every practice room
- Many paths to success with a flexible curriculum
Should I Choose a Bachelor's of Arts or Music?
Bachelor's of Arts degrees at the Dewberry School of Music provide maximum flexibility to students who have diverse interests in music and other fields. 60% of a student’s coursework in the BA is outside of music. Recent BA students have gone on to graduate study and to careers in studio teaching, arts management, musicology, and music theory to name only a few.
Bachelor's of Music degrees at the Dewberry School of Music provide a more intensive music education, more akin to the depth and rigor required by a conservatory.