Recognized internationally for its innovation, diversity, and entrepreneurial spirit, George Mason University offers a wide array of academic programs, enterprising scholars and teachers, and a student body representing 135 countries and all 50 states. Located in Virginia only minutes from Washington, D.C., Mason provides unparalleled opportunities in research, internships, and work experiences through strong alliances with business, the community, and government.
The Mason School of Music is part of the College of Visual and Performing Arts. Students study with nationally and internationally recognized faculty who are active performers, conductors, composers, music theoreticians, historians, and music teachers. Admission is based on acceptance to the university and audition. The music program is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM).
School of Music View Book
Meet our Director, Dr. Linda Monson
Students at the Mason School of Music will experience:
- An outstanding comprehensive education–musically intense and academically rigorous
- Master Class opportunities with world-renowned guest clinicians, see video below
- Nurturing and supportive environment
- World-class performance and research faculty
- Performances in state of the art venues
- Steinway grand pianos in the practice rooms
- Many paths to success, including flexible curriculum
In February 2015, Mason Music students were treated to a master class led by Doc Severinsen, bandleader and trumpet great.