Wolf Trap – Development Assistant, Membership
Please see the full description and how to apply here.
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts seeks a Development Assistant, Membership to provide administrative and program support for the individual membership program (Associates and Encore Circle). Duties include maintaining constituent records and gift data entry, executing donor acknowledgment and recognition, and coordinating the administrative duties for the volunteer program. Supporting benefit fulfillment and stewardship and assisting member solicitation campaigns (direct mail and electronic) and providing customer service via phone, email, and in person.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with member renewal and acquisition campaign (direct mail and email), including providing data and reports and drafting and preparing select donor solicitations.
- Manage gift entry process for mailed, online, workplace, and matching gifts, as well as assisting with monthly giving, pledge payments, and stock and wire transfers.
- Prepare and send pledge invoicing and/or completion statements.
- Coordinate volunteer administration duties including communications, training, scheduling, and event planning.
- Provide reports on membership including tracking income to budget, email statistics, and other ROI.
- Align membership records between CRM (The Raiser’s Edge) and ticketing system (ProVenue).
- Participate in regular Development department staff meetings and other internal meetings.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Donor Cultivation and Stewardship
- Respond to donor phone calls, emails, and inquiries.
- Coordinate and execute gift acknowledgement, including drafting communications and creating membership packets.
- Assist with distribution of member benefits.
- Assist with development of donor correspondence, including email, print, and online communications.
- Participate in planning and execution of members-only presales, including the creation of print and online materials, providing data, and follow up with select donors.
- Provide on-site assistance at Wolf Trap donor events and Encore Circle Lounge, as needed.
Front Desk Coverage
- Serve as part of a pool of support staff to provide front desk coverage; welcome and assist all visitors to the Center for Education.
- Maintain security procedures by having all visitors sign in and issue volunteer visitor badges.
- Screen, route and respond to general phone inquiries.
- Accept packages and notify appropriate staff person or department; provide access to loading dock for deliveries.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 1-2 years experience in an office environment, preferably in a non-profit organization
- Professional experience in customer service
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent people and customer-service skills
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Excellent writing, speaking, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Professional demeanor, self-starter, and team player
- Proficiency in computers and common software, including Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel, and relationship databases required
- Familiarity with The Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Seasonal evening and weekend work required
- Sensitivity and commitment to the mission of Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 80% of the time
- Regularly operates a computer and other office equipment (i.e., calculator, copier, printer, etc.)
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, bend and reach with arms
- Lift/move up to 15 pounds infrequently
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment that embraces and encourages different perspectives. We work to reflect and be representative of the communities in which we serve and in which we reside. Qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance or an accommodation in our job application processes should contact email@example.com. An offer of employment is contingent on successfully passing a background check and providing proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. Applicants who cannot get vaccinated for bona fide disability or religious reasons should also contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org so they can determine if reasonable accommodations can be made.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. We offer an outstanding benefits package that includes fully-paid medical and dental premiums for employees and their dependents, 20 paid holidays, generous Annual/Sick/Personal Leave, 403(b) match, flexible work hours and more.