Private Music Teachers Needed – Music Kids
Instrumental Music Teacher–VIOLIN, PIANO, and GUITAR/UKE
Music Kids is looking for enthusiastic educators to join our team for 21-22 school year to teach violin, piano, and guitar.
Music Kids is an instrumental education program offering private and small group lessons on-site at our partner schools. We are looking for enthusiastic educators interested in teaching very young students, ages 3 and up. Ability to teach more than one instrument is strongly preferred. Curriculum resources and assistance available!
Music Kids exists to enrich and improve student development by bringing musical instrument education programs into the local school environment.
To date, Music Kids works with over 40 schools throughout DC, MD, VA, PA, CT, IL, and NC. The organization is looking for qualified individuals to work as Music Kids Faculty Members on-site at its local partner schools.
Faculty Member teaching individual and small group classes in one or more of our partner schools and working outside of class to manage student records and learning updates to parents.
Positions involve a combination of teaching and program development within the resident school(s) in which the Faculty Member is placed. Responsibilities include:
- In-school: teaching and student performances
- Out-of-School: parent communication, lesson planning, scheduling, and progress reporting
- Promoting the program and driving enrollment at school events throughout the year
- Participating in professional development opportunities through collaboration with senior resident Faculty Members and staff
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has at least 1-2 years of teaching experience, either through a university program or professionally
- Is passionate about having a direct impact on the primary education system in this country
- Has a strong interest in working with a wide range of student age groups, especially beginning level students (including 3-5 y/o)
- Has an open mind and creative approach to teaching
- Is comfortable teaching students individually or in small groups of 2 or 3 students
- Has the ability to be flexible in teaching style to take parents and students where they are in terms of interest and commitment
- Takes initiative and is confident working independently to represent the organization at our partner schools
- Is able to work closely with an office staff in administrative and professional development functions
- Is consistent, timely, proactive, and possesses friendly communication skills.
- Is comfortable working regularly with email, shared Google Drive, and other online resources to manage activities
- Ability to commit to one academic year at a time
- Part and full time positions available
- Must have scheduling availability on several days during the week for in-school hours (9am-3pm) and/or afterschool hours (3pm-6pm), depending on part or full time status.
- Applicants must reside in and be legally qualified to work in the United States
Interested candidates may reach out to email@example.com and visit Music Kids’ website for more details: https://www.musickidsprogram.com/?page_id=5299&from=parents&mp=employment