PAID Social Media / Multimedia Summer Internship – Wolf Traip
The Multimedia/Social Media summer intern helps the Communications team elevate the Wolf Trap experience. This intern will have a hands-on role in creating digital media assets, including Instagram Stories GIFS, AR and Snapchat filters, marketing videos and materials, and other projects that enhance our digital presence and patron experience. In addition to a strong multimedia skillset, this position aids in documenting select performances – including serving as a second house videographer or photographer, updates our video and photo databases, and helps facilitate social media copywriting projects. Multimedia portfolio required to be considered for this position.
Help capture the Wolf Trap experience while enhancing your expertise of visual storytelling! Multimedia/Social Media interns have a hands-on role in telling the Wolf Trap story through visual & digital media. Responsibilities include: assisting with community engagement and content production for Wolf Trap’s social media channels, documenting select performances and events, and updating our video and photo databases.
· Assist with research and content production of materials related to performances at The Barns and the Filene Center
· Document the Wolf Trap experience using photography and videography
· Serve as House Photographer for select Wolf Trap performances at The Barns and special events. Assist professional photographers during contracted shoots
· Brainstorm, pitch, and create compelling multimedia stories that generate excitement about the Wolf Trap experience and build support for our concerts and program work
· Contribute to management of photo and video archives. This includes selecting best images and edit, color correct, and optimize photos from each assignment; and maintaining a current b-roll library of Wolf Trap activities
· Facilitate cross-departmental communications by assisting others in accessing video and photo assets
· Background in photography and/or videography, either through extracurriculars, academic experience, or professional internship experience
· Background in contributing to management of professional social media accounts; working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter & Instagram on a professional level
· Good communication & solid writing skills
· Interest & enthusiasm for social media platforms
· Access to basic still camera equipment, including a 35 mm digital camera; knowledge of and experience working with a variety of lenses, tripods, flashes, filters, and light kits preferred
· Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and video editing software
· Portfolio required at time of interview
If interested, email email@example.com with a cover letter and resume –the latter of which should include a link to an online portfolio. The email’s subject line should include the position title, ‘Multimedia/Social Media Intern’. This position will have flexible start/end dates and is located in our Vienna, Virginia office – approximately 15 miles outside of Washington, D.C.