Organist Needed – Good Shepherd Lutheran Church (Alexandria, VA)
Good Shepherd Lutheran Church is seeking an Organist for weekly Sunday services and for additional services throughout the year. The Organist will provide musical accompaniment and leadership for three Sunday services and work with the Pastor and Worship Team to support the inclusion of music in worship and life of the church community.
Included but not limited to:
• Prepare and provide weekly music, encourage the congregation and musicians as they participate, be responsible for hymn selection, and work with choir director
• Accompany singing of hymns and worship music and special services as needed
• Assists with maintaining the sheet music library.
• Responsible for music selection and reporting of selected music to appropriate publisher/copyright
• Make all arrangements for and with a substitute organist for schedule vacation time and other scheduled leave time. This includes notifying the Pastor, Worship and Music Chair, and Staff Support committee of the date he/she will service and of the information needed to properly pay the substitute.
• Previous experience assisting in a worship service
• Understands the legal and licensing requirements for music selection and reporting
• Ability to read music
• Proficiency with organ, piano, and/or electronic keyboard
• Ability to work well with others
• Good communication skills
• Pass background checks, as required.
Good Shepherd Lutheran Church offers competitive compensation. Please email cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and three references to GSLC.Office@verizon.net.