Job Posting: Church Music Director/Accompanist Position
Christ Presbyterian Church, a congregation of the Presbyterian Church (USA) located in the Fair Oaks/Chantilly area of Fairfax County is seeking the services of a Part-time Director of Music Ministry/Accompanist. This position will work an average of 20 hours per week.
The Director of Music Ministry (DMM) is responsible for the supervision, development and direction of all sacred music ministries of the Church. The DMM is also responsible for accompanying choral and corporate singing on organ and piano.
The incumbent will strive to support the overall mission goals of the congregation while developing engaging and diverse musical offerings. The DMM will contribute to the Church’s total ministry, utilizing’s the music ministries to promote Christian growth, enhance its mission and outreach. The DMM will also foster community that promotes the fellowship and nurture of every member.
· Demonstrate a commitment to Jesus Christ.
· Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
· Exhibit the flexibility to consider, assess, and implement new and innovative methods and programs to enhance the musical ministry and worship of the church.
· Effective planning and organizational skills
· Proficiency in organ and piano.
· Experience in vocal and instrumental music direction.
· Skill in choir training and selection of appropriate music.
· Proficiency in handbells and hand chimes desirable.
· Desire to expand technical abilities to meet the dynamic needs of the music ministry.
Experience and Training
Experience as a director of music and/or organist desired.
Familiarity with Presbyterian Church (USA) worship desired.
To apply please forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org