Hospitality Assistants Needed – GMU Center for the Arts
Hospitality Assistant Job Description
The Artist Services Team (Artist Services Assistant and Hospitality Assistants) is to be welcoming, approachable and available to all visiting companies. The focus of this team is to support each performance in the areas of hospitality, travel, and education.
This position will help:
· Assist with the procurement of Artists’ rider requirements prior to each performance such as shopping for hospitality needs.
· Drive University vehicles to transport artists between locations (airports, hotels, masterclass destinations, etc).
· Greet and welcome artists and provide introduction to George Mason University
· Other duties and projects as assigned.
· Must be available to work two (2) weekend days a month as most shifts will be Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
· Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and under pressure.
· Must be able to work with artists and company managers in sensitive situations and maintain confidentiality at all times.
· Must possess excellent verbal skills as well as the ability to communicate with extreme diplomacy, professionalism, and graciousness.
· Must demonstrate resilience and ability to handle long hours and a fast pace work environment with a positive attitude.
· Must have a personal means of traveling to and from George Mason University and the surrounding area.
· Must hold a US drivers license that has been valid for at least 2 years.
· Must have a clean driving record, with no more than two at-fault accidents or moving violations within the last two years or no violations in the past two years for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or reckless driving.
· Must be 21 years of age or older.
· Must be able to push, pull, lift and carry 30lbs for short distances.
If interested in applying, please email an updated cover letter and resume with the subject line ‘Job Application Hospitality Assistant – First & Last Name’ to :
Stephanie Mendoza, Programming & Engagement Coordinator Smendoz9@gmu.edu