The Mason Jazz Combos are a vital part of the Jazz Studies curriculum. Directed by jazz pianist, Wade Beach, these groups (MW 1:30pm – 2:45pm) provide students opportunities in improvisation, composition and arranging as well as small group performing experience. The Mason Jazz Combos perform several times a semester and are open to instrumentalists and vocalists of all musical abilities.
CONCERTS – Fall 2018
- Sunday, August 26, 4pm: Mason Jazz Welcome Back Party (de laski 3001) – Mandatory for Majors (undergraduate and graduate). Strongly encouraged for Jazz minors and those participating in Jazz ensembles. Performance by your Jazz faculty and hang. (Dinner provided)
- Wednesday, October 31, 8pm: Jazz Combos (de Laski 3001, Free and open to the public)
- Wednesday, November 14, 8pm: Jazz Combos (de laski 3001, Free and open to the public)
DEPARTMENTALS (12:30 – 1:20pm, Harris Theatre, MUSI 300 credit)
- Wednesday, September 26: Jazz Combos
- Wednesday, October 17: Jazz Combos