To be accepted to the Dewberry School of Music, one must complete an application for admission to George Mason University, as well as completing the requirements for admission to the Dewberry School of Music (pre-screening, audition, portfolio, etc.). In order to apply to the School of Music, submit pre-screening materials, and register for an audition, applicants must first complete a University application. Upon completion, applicants will be given a link to SlideRoom to submit their School of Music materials and register for an audition date.
2021-2022 Audition Days
- Saturday, October 30, 2021
- Saturday, January 29, 2022
- Saturday, February 5, 2022
- Friday, February 11, 2022
If you are unable to make any of the audition dates, please contact the School of Music at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss other options.
Please compile the following materials to be submitted on the University application and SlideRoom.
- Pre-screening materials. Current pre-screening requirements can be found here.
- One to two page Goals Statement
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Transcripts from all colleges/universities attended (unofficial copies can be uploaded to the online application and considered for admissions purposes).
- Repertoire list (Performance and Pedagogy only)
- Philosophy of Music Education Statement (Music Education only)
- Students who were educated outside of the US can find detailed information about Transcripts, Evaluations, and English Language Proficiency Requirements at this link.
For questions or issues regarding the graduate application process, please contact CVPA Graduate Admissions at email@example.com
- Fall Admission Standard Deadline: January 15
- Spring Admission Deadline: October 1
To pursue a Graduate Certificate in music at George Mason University, refer to the following:
- Instrumental Performance
- Piano Performance
- Vocal Performance
- Music Education Licensure
- Music and Well-Being Graduate Certificate
For scholarship information: visit this link.
Master of Music Pre-Screen Requirements
- JAZZ STUDIES:
- MUSIC EDUCATION:
- COLLABORATIVE PIANO: