Jazz 4 Justice
Established in 2001 by Fairfax, VA attorney Edward L. Weiner, Esq., Jazz 4 Justice© is an award winning annual concert presented by the Fairfax Law Foundation and Mason Jazz Ensemble, directed by Jim Carroll. Jazz 4 Justice© is a truly unique event where attorney’s, judges, students and members of the Northern Virginia community gather to celebrate their love of jazz. Proceeds from the evening help the Fairfax Law foundation continue its mission of service to the Northern Virginia community as well as providing financial support for the Mason Jazz Studies department for school trips, recordings and student scholarships.
The Great American Songbook: Divas, Tribute to “Old blue Eyes,” Jam Session, Roarin’ Big Band Sounds and more…
Special Guest Conductor – Henry N. Butler, Dean of the George Mason School of Law!
- Friday, November 20th, 8pm: Jazz 4 Justice “The Great American Songbook” (Center for Arts)
- Saturday, November 21st, 8pm: Jazz 4 Justice “The Great American Songbook” (Hylton Performing Arts Center)
Press and Accolades
- 12th Annual Jazz 4 Justice© Concert Creates Unique Partnership Between Education, Music and Law
- ABA Journal – “Jazzin’ it Up: Concert Series Benefits Pro Bono Efforts and and Music Students”
- Fairfax Law Foundation – Jazz 4 Justice©
- Washington Post: “Fairfax Bar, Jazz 4 Justice© a case of win-win atttorney raise awareness, attendance for University jazz program.
- PR Newswire: 11th Annual Jazz 4 Justice© Concert Creates Unique Partnership Between Education, Music and Law
- DC MetroTheatreArts: Jazz 4 Justice© at Hylton Center, by Audrey Thornton
- Bull Run Now.com: Lawyers join musicians in “Jazz 4 Justice©” concerts to raise scholarships and
service project funds.