The School of Music offers three different degree opportunities: Bachelor of Music with a concentration in Music Technology, Bachelor of Arts in Music with a concentration in Music Technology, and the field of music technology. The goals of the Music Technology concentration are threefold:
- First, it will provide students with a strong grasp of the technical and theoretical aspects of music recording and production.
- Second, it will acquaint them with the historical and social context of recorded music and electronic music in all of its aspects, from the avant-garde experiments to current styles of electronica.
- Finally, it will help them develop the skill and technique to produce substantial new creative works in electronic composition and music recording and production.
- Bachelors of Music with a concentration in Music Technology
- Electro-Acoustic Track
- Recording Track
- Engineering Track (for students instructed in a double-major or extended studies in a STEM field)
- Bachelors of Art in Music with a concentration in Music Technology
- Minor in Music Technology
Mason Noise is the student-directed record label within the Music Technology program. The label provides real-world experience for the students in the program. The students take on different roles for the recording, mixing, producing and release of the project.
Music Technology Events (coming soon)